Monday 14 October 2013

So the first word that comes to my mind is, panic! I've had such an ordeal trying to enroll and having no internet for a while certainly hasn't helped , that I feel and can see from other's blogs that I am behind. Attending the induction day I feel would have been extremely helpful to me as I definatly learn alot better through having someone to stand there and explain rather then reading for myself. However, I couldn't attend because i had to swap shifts at work to attend an audition earlier in the week.

Reading through one or two blogs has given me the confidence to just jump in and start. Im not really sure if what I am doing is correct or even on the right track but there's only one way to find out hey!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    I too couldn't attend the induction so was equally confused and nervous about blogging but after the first few posts I found it gets easier. I did take part in a skype session which helped me to understand it all a bit better and I wrote a bit about it on my blog. Hopefully it might help you too :)

    Happy blogging!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,

      Okay , phew! Atleast im not alone haha. I will have a look now at your blog and hopefully put my mind at ease. Thank you for your advice :)

      Amelia Jay x

      Delete
  2. HI Amelia,

    The task was to use the CV to create the 'About ME' profile, not to just upload a CV. The idea is that you take the relevant bits from your CV and present them as an interesting profile. I think you should still do that because it is about making decisions, editing, and then re-editing, which will help you to hone what others see about you and your practice to date.

    Its great to see you posting, and I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia I have to run my cursor over your text to read? I'm glad Alan mentioned re-editing because I often feel like my blogs are a work in progress. Being learning blogs however means that these works in progress can be vehicles - a guess that's the way I think of them - which carry on the tradition of discourse for learning.

    ReplyDelete