Thursday 17 October 2013

Task 1a, done a little differently.

Oops, silly me. I didnt quite understand fully what I was supposed to do for Task 1a but thank you Alan for showing me the way! So this time I'm going to combine the two CV's I uploaded in my first post into a few paragraphs ,that explain more in detail a bit about me. Hope you guys like it and again comments very much apprechiated!


My name is Amelia Jay Clarke and I have just graduated from Bodywork Perfoming Arts in Cambridge. I spent three years there,training in various art forms and worked with some amazing choreographers and performers. I did my end of year showcase at a RADA in London which lead to me getting my first agent and graduating with a level 6 diploma.I live in Peterborough, this is where i went to school and recieved 10 A*- C GCSE's and first started dancing.Late starter , I know!

I work for French Connection when I am not in London trying to get my face seen. I enjoy working with all the people there and the discount on clothes isn't to bad either! I also enjoying volenteering at the dogs shelter near me. I have two dogs from there myself so it's nice to give something back and feel possitive as I have a very positive outlook on most things.

 Doing the BAPP course I hope to achieve a degree that could lead to teaching in the futre. Being able to gain new skills,friends,tools, writing and evaluation skills and really digging deep into my mind about all the various forms in my art is extremely exciting and could help achieve this goal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia

    I think you've got some good information in your 'about me'. It's written in a rather informal way however, which is fine but maybe something you might like to look into and make it sound more professional? For example, instead of saying "I work for French Connection when I am not in London trying to get my face seen..." you could say "When not in London auditioning for roles within the industry I work in retail..." Just my thoughts.

    On a separate note, I thought it might be helpful if everyone added the 'subscribe via email' option to their blog? You can find this in the 'layout' section of your blogger clicking on 'add a gadget' (I've put mine above my profile) and then choosing the 'subscribe via email' gadget. I thought this could save us all time as rather than checking everyday to see what's new, we would get an email telling us someone has a new blog topic. Just a thought! I'm going to post this to everyone.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia I really like your aims for the course, your last paragraph. As we focus on professional practice - thinking about personal goals within your chosen career and BAPP Arts makes sense.

    ReplyDelete